still no pips ........:(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pefferlawchicken, Apr 4, 2009.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    first hatch ever that i want to hatch and , humidity is 61% temp 100 f and they are in a still air incubator , is the tepms or humidity wrong , are they evn internally piping im stressing out im afraid there gonna die please talk me through ...[​IMG]

2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Sounds like you're stats are right on. I've got eggs due to hatch today, and nothing's happening with mine yet either. Just remain calm, everything will be fine. If you tap on the top of the 'bator, do you hear them peeping at you? And talk to them...that always gets mine excited. I know it sounds crazy, but it works.

3. shelleyb1969

Actually, your temp might be a degree or 2 low...but that will only cause them to take a little longer to hatch. No biggie...just means you have to be patient a little longer! [​IMG]

Good luck! [​IMG]

4. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    i hear to chirping , but i was told last night to turn down the heat bucause they generate their own heat and they will be to hott??

5. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    i dont know why i typed i do , but i see no rocking or no chirping [​IMG]

6. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Be patient. Sometimes they may be a little slow. My fingers are crossed for you.

7. shelleyb1969

Quote:Just hang in there...I've had several hatches in which I didn't see any movement of the eggs nor hear anything. I was just wondering if you had, but it's totally ok if you don't. And where did you hear to turn down the temp? I don't think it hurt them, but you don't need to do that.

8. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    ok , ill turn it back up , because yesterday afternoon i posted a thread if my eggs were internally piping he said yes they were and to turn the temp down

9. shelleyb1969

I would just leave it be at this point. I've never heard of turning down the temp during hatch. [​IMG] How do you tell if they're internally pipping without taking them out and candling them....which is the way wrong thing to do. [​IMG]

10. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    [​IMG] i candeled them like 4 times since day 19 I WONT CANDEL ANYMORE , BAD ME [​IMG] did i kill them ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by