1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still no voice. Been since Sunday morning

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Now my throat hurts. I am guessing from coughing since I am not even whispering. Doctors office is closed til Monday.

I hate this

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Im sorry, it aint any fun being sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Hope you feel better soon,

Try some Lemon juice in Hot water with some honey and ginger.

It works for me.

Wishing you well and Happy New Year.

Jena.

4. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Absolute rule--do not even try to talk. Make other people talk for you. Yes, it gets interesting when your spouse attempts to interpret your gestures, especially when the pharmacist starts asking complicated questions such as "when is her birthday?" Hope you're good at charades. Seriously, your voice will recover a lot quicker if you don't try. If you need to yell at family, pinch their ears instead, it works wonders. [​IMG]

Gargle with lukewarm saltwater. Drink tea with honey. Eat something garlicky, like plain chicken broth with a garlic clove smashed up in it. Rest. If your throat hurts super bad, Chloraseptic spray helps numb it, but don't get tempted to hose your throat down and talk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by