Still not laying, Whats the problem??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HaileyandJoliesMom, Jul 15, 2008.

1. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    My BO mix is about 6 months old and is refusing to lay. Normally they are in the coop at night and are let out to free range from 7am to 8pm or so. Lately Ive noticed her hanging out in the horse pasture in the mornings.
    Ive searched the pasture and havent found any eggs, but there is some pretty thick brush on one side that I cant really get into.

This morning I left everyone in the coop so if she was going to lay she would have to lay in there. They are not happy with me right now!!! How long should I leave her "cooped" up. Would it stress her out to be alone in the coop while everyone else is free ranging?? One side of the coop is wire so she can see out.

Im at a loss I really thought we would have eggs by now. Here is a pic of her just for kicks [​IMG]
    Any help would be appreciated

Here she is with Johnny showing us his tail feathers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Anybody? what am I doing wrong?

3. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    She sure looks like a hen that is laying (very red in the face). I would bet she is laying outside somewhere, keeping her locked up a few days will let you know for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by