Still not laying

drdolittle

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Downeast
I have a couple chickens I got back at the end of last spring/start of summer and they still haven't started laying. 2 I know are pearl white leghorn. They did have a really rough start. We got 25 from McMurray and only 6 made it- most where dead on arrival/several died within the hour. They spent way too much time in transit-5-6 days due to holiday and bad postal service I guess...... Then several months later we had horrible problems with a neighbors dog breaking in and killing them, by this time we had gotten more chicks but after several attacks there are only 3 of the originals left- none are laying. The dog problem has been solved and everyone else is laying. Any ideas? Will they ever lay?

I also have 2 that are still not laying out of 28 that I got in March and May. One pullet just started laying 2 weeks ago in thie freezing cold. I thought they would wait until spring if they hadn't laid by the winter.
idunno.gif

hmm. It's just so odd. All the others have started- even the younger ones and these pearl white leghorns were suppose to be the first to start laying.
roll.png
I'm just glad they're still with us after all they've been through. I know stress and stop a chicken from laying and they certainly have had enough of it.

Back
Top Bottom