1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still not sure? Can anyone help me ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TN.MamaHen, May 18, 2009.

1. TN.MamaHen

TN.MamaHen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Ok...I have some pullets,couple roos.I had asked before what people thought on here.I bought them a TSC,in the assorted reds bin...thought they were RIR, since thats what the guy there told us. [​IMG] obviously he was clueless too! LOL Anyway...I have had suggestions from NHRs to Sex link,and mixes. I know they came from Privett in New Mexico.I did find that out. I have done some research now,and I don't think they are sex link,cause now I have read that sex link roos would be white...mine are not.And my pullets are not looking like the sex link colors at all now. [​IMG] So by looking at pics and comparing I have it narrowed down now to all most certain [​IMG] .... does anyone have pics I could see of some Red Sussex...or New Hampshire Reds?? Or does anyone have a list of what chicks Privett would have in assorted reds?? I really want to know what I have....it has killed me for the last 2 months. [​IMG]
    THANKS!!!! [​IMG] I love BYC!!! [​IMG]

I might add....they grew pretty fast and eat like crazy!! That might be a trait of a breed or something. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Is it possible that they are red broilers? I think I saw the pictures you posted and they look identical to the red broilers I got from Privett.

3. TN.MamaHen

Apr 28, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:UH-Oh!! [​IMG] Seriously,I hope not...we were wanting egg layers. [​IMG] Ok,now I really need to find out what I got,so I can know to either keep them or slaughter them for the freezer. [​IMG] Well my hubby will,I can't bring myself to do such a thing. [​IMG] Cause broilers are for meat,not eggs. No more TSC chicks for me,unless I know what I'm buying... [​IMG] We live and learn I guess if you're right. lol

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  4. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hey, I could definitely be wrong, or there could be another breed that looks similar that they sell. Don't go making dumplings based on my statement [​IMG] .

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Pictures would be so helpful !

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Privett and Ideal are essentially the same. I think they are family and whatever one doen't have the other might so the orders could be filled from either place. I need some pics to help you out though.

7. lux_interior

lux_interior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    Do you have any pics? I have RIR's and red sex links... I could at least see if they look like either of them. And I wouldnt count the sex links out yet if you dont have a white rooster... I have a red sex link hen who's white as snow, she looks like she should be a roo!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  8. TN.MamaHen

Apr 28, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Ok off the the coop to get some recent pics!!!! Be back shortly!! [​IMG]

9. TN.MamaHen

Apr 28, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Alright ya'll!!! [​IMG] (southern accent)LOL Here are some pics taken just now!! So what do ya think...... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really hoping to find out what they are this time...by the way they grew faster than what my others are growing...I don't know if that helps? [​IMG]

10. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'll try to get some pics of my broilers later today, but it won't be until after 4pm pacific time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by