Still Sneezing???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SunnyCalifornia, Oct 26, 2011.

1. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I have a beautiful Light Sussex pullet, about 8 months old. She has been sneezing constantly for a couple weeks now. I did the antibiotics in the water for a whole week, then I switched to 1cc Tylan 50 (orally) for a 3 days right after that, and nothing is making her stop! She's not acting sickly or lethargic, still laying, eating well, drinking well, I'm baffled. She doesn't have a leaky nose, and her breathing isn't wheezy. Just constant sneezing!

Any thoughts? Should I go back to the Tylan, and give her a higher dose? or for a longer period? She's a VERY large bird, compared to my other layers. Probably on the scale of Brahmas.

2. fifelakelooper

fifelakelooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    fife lake, mi.
    Have you checked the coop good for dust?? Maybe she can't handle the dust like others? I've read it is good to spray down the interior of the coop with oxine monthly. Helps keep dust down and also disinfects.

3. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    I had a chicken who sneezed constantly, she was on baytril for 2 weeks and a different one for another 2 weeks and was still sneezing! I decided to change her bedding to a medicated bedding called unibed which is a horse bedding and shes totally fine. Whether it was the antibiotcs or bedding im not sure but you could always try [​IMG]

4. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Great info. I"ll look into alternate kinds of bedding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by