Still Stuck Without Food!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by MAChickLovers, May 16, 2008.

1. MAChickLovers

MAChickLovers New Egg

May 16, 2008
    Besides scrambled eggs is there anything I can feed my 5 week olds for the next 12 hours [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    At five weeks old, they can have lots of things. Try soft foods like lettuce, cooked oatmeal, cooked shredded carrots, plain yogurt, bananas.

3. MAChickLovers

MAChickLovers New Egg

May 16, 2008
    Thank You! [​IMG]

4. cjdeere

cjdeere Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Second time

Moderation
    BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    * Do not post threads questioning moderation.
    * If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BYC staff member.

YOU have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  5. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Just make sure you supply grit so they can digest or you will have impacted crop issues...

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I bet they would love some cornbread.

7. tomdeggeater

tomdeggeater Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
    If you're feeding then boiled veggies and oatmeal, I wouldn't worry about grit for their crops too much. Could be a big difference when or if you let them free range.
    Clean white aquarium gravel comes to mind for grit. Appropriate sizes of course.
    Tom:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by