still stumped!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newtochickens88, Aug 8, 2014.

1. newtochickens88

newtochickens88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2014
    Florida
    I found this young bird hiding under my truck a few weeks ago. It was attacked by something, Part of its beak was missing along with part of its eyelid. It had a leaking air sac in its chest and countless scabs all over its body. Tail feathers were missing as well.:( I am not sure if it is even a chicken. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I have been nursing this poor thing back to health and have grown quite attached
    These pictures have been taken over the course of a few weeks, you can see how she is improving newest pictures are first, last two pics were the day I found her.

IMG ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6504251/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    BYC Moderators pick this one up, we need help here LOL!

OP I've been following since the first thread! My guess is still osme sort of hybrid chicken!

Did you ever get a video of her new noises???? [​IMG]

And is she starting to get feathers on her face????

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  3. newtochickens88

Mar 17, 2014
    Florida
    Yes to the feathers on her face, no to the video, it almost sounds like a chirping bird or something maybe she is getting her big girl voice lol and thank you for following her story[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. TaraBellaBirds

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    She is quite an interesting bird! I would say 100% that she is a chicken if she is getting feathers back to her face. I am betting that she just got caught by something that had her head [​IMG]

She is a lucky lucky bird! I have had chicks that 'pip', 'chirp', and 'scream' as babies so I think they have more variation of sounds than we give them credit for.

5. newtochickens88

Mar 17, 2014
    Florida
    I agree she is a very lucky bird I was shocked she survived the attack

6. TaraBellaBirds

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    It's amazing what they can survive! If they make it through the shock they are pretty hardy. I'll keep posted on this girls story. Any names yet?

7. newtochickens88

Mar 17, 2014
    Florida
    No I just can't decide, there were so many good suggestions..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by