Still trying to save my girls...advice?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cuntrygurl, Jun 28, 2011.

1. cuntrygurl

cuntrygurl New Egg

Jun 22, 2011
    Well an update to my girl with her eyes glued shut with nastyness... She is doing much better. I was told to try Sulmet in their water which I did the one with the eye problem cleared up the next morning, they are now on their fourth day of sulmet...and now all of my chickens are coughing...and one is not interested in food or water, she is alert and standing however she is making a soft crying sound and it looks like she is gasping for air.... Do I just give up at this point and put them out of their misery? Any Ideas? Please help.... I love my chickens even the one that pecks at me. She is actually the one who is the worst, I feel bad because I told her if she pecked me again I was going to put her in the frying pan. [​IMG]

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    sorry they are sick. there is alot of info here on how to treat respiratory issues. look it up in the search. I think, but am not sure, so check that people use Tylan alot, some have said that sulmet can be hard on the hens, once again I do not knoe for sure, but believe I have read it here. I know ACV helps boost their immume system, may be worth a try. get the natural cider with "the mother" in it, found in co-op's and health food stores

3. cuntrygurl

cuntrygurl New Egg

Jun 22, 2011
    Oh thank you so much. I will look it up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by