1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still unsure :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dfchaser, Mar 20, 2009.

1. dfchaser

dfchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    Well today was day 4 for the eggs, 15 EE and 7 fizzles and i candled them. I saw ity-bity veins on one egg! 2 i could not see anything, they were clear, they are also only the size of a quarter. The rest of them I could see a big dark round shape towards the broad end. I hope that is a good sign, I am going to wait until Mon/tues to try again! [​IMG]

Do you think the blob is a good sign?

2. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    I usually wait until day 7, so I dunno what you'd be seeing...veins are great, but I wouldn't work about the others yet...just let um grow! [​IMG]

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    alot of the eggs I have candled I could see stuff on day 4 but there have been almost as many I coudnt see much till day 5 or 6 or day 7 or 8 two of the little blighters had me worried till day 10 but are now alive and kicking.. Give them time. some like to play hide and seek and some are slow to get started maybe and I have a harder time on my mieduium and dark brown eggs then my white or light brown eggs. and I have just about givein up on my dark green / olive colored ones I can barely make out the air cell in those this early.

4. dfchaser

dfchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    I know, I am being impatient, but its so hard to wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by