Still waiting for my first blue egg...FRUSTRATED!!!!!***

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by logansmommy7, Sep 21, 2009.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    Ok So I have 5 pullets EE/Golden Comet crosses (look like EE mostly) and they are probably 22 weeks old now. They look ready-I even thought I saw our roo "do the deed" with at least one, maybe two of them. Will they ever lay? I have looked all around the run for a blue egg-they should lay blue if they are EE crosses, right, and nothing. Do EE typically start laying later than others? Please offer advice...

I am going on vacation next week, so surely they will lay the first one then... [​IMG]

2. tallieb

tallieb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Arizona
    My EE's are 21 weeks old and still no eggs from them. [​IMG]

3. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    [​IMG]:barnieIt's frustrating isn't it? Mine are at least 22 weeks...surely they will lay eggs when I am not here next week. OY!

4. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I told my ladies no more treats till I see some eggs or at least one egg. They replied back something about an Egg strike!!! Jeez.....

5. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Two or maybe three of my 10 EE's started laying last week at 19 weeks, along with one of my brown egg-layers. The first of 40 chicks to lay was a light Brahma, completely surprising me as I expected the larger breed to be slower to mature. It will be happening soon, and it'll be great!

6. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Quote:EEs don't always lay blue eggs - egg color can be blue, green, pinkish-tan or brown...

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    first, get a KFC bucket. get a picture of the pullets in question and put it on the bucket and write them a little note stating that they either get their poop in a group or they have a second option. it works like a charm.....[​IMG]

if this doesn't get the point across, hang cast iron skillets in the coop. that works too.

EE's can be mixed with any breed so, you never know what they have in their backgrounds. they could be early or late maturing breeds. and as with any chicken it comes down to they will lay when they lay. it's the minute that you stop thinking about it that you find the egg, i swear!

blessings over your nest for lots of eggs and a healthy flock! [​IMG]

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:EEs don't always lay blue eggs - egg color can be blue, green, pinkish-tan or brown...

or golden or really ANY color including purple too.

9. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    My EE started laying green eggs at 20 weeks old. (the one in my avi). I have a redish EE who gives me Dark olive eggs. Two silver/brown ones give me brown eggs. The other red & other white have yet to lay. Oh, the first egg came when I was on vacation. My dh found it.

10. promiselandfarm5

promiselandfarm5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Rome, GA
    We have 6 EEs and only 2 are laying. They are 30 wks old [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by