Still waiting...

Grammahen

Songster
12 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Southern New Hampshire
I have two 19 week old Golden Comet girls and 1 Silkie hen that is supposed to be laying. I am getting 1 egg every day like clock work. When should I expect more? I am still wondering and waiting to see if both Comets are laying. Are they still too young to get eggs everyday? All the eggs seem to be small, a couple of times they were medium size.

I would think within a couple of weeks you will see a difference. At least you have one laying early, do the others look and act the same? You know, red comb, squat, sing and so on. The ones I have that lay seem to be doing so daily, but I have heard that many things effect them and they will be sparatic in the begaining.

Thanks all!
Yes, both goldens look and act exactly the same. Squats, and has red and bigger combs now. My forth chicken (same age) is another silkie that turned out to be a roo. He has a funny crow and seems to want to have a "close relationship" with the hens and also the water container. I think some are the hens decided not to lay eggs just so that he doesn't figure out they are girls and leave them alone.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom