still waiting...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by [email protected], Nov 11, 2009.

1. Mikki7.sharpe@comcast.n17

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2009
    OK, so I was all excited that my little chicks would be arriving today. Well, hoping actually (anytime between the 11th and the 14th). Did it even occur to me that today was Veteran's day and the post office was closed? Not one thought! [​IMG]

I guess it gives me one more day to prepare. This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning!!!

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Oh, that sucks. I'm surprised they shipped on a week where the PO would be closed in the middle of the week. It seems like it puts the chicks more at risk to have to be in a shipping carton for that extra day....

3. Airilith

Airilith Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    We're in the same boat. I got up real early this morning because I was sure my phone was going to ring. Only to have the DH kindly remind me that i could crawl back in bed because it was Veteran's Day and the post office is closed. [​IMG]

Well here's to hoping both of our precious packages arrive tomorrow![​IMG]

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I know how you feel... the wait seems like its a lifetime...can't wait to hear about your chicks when you get them

5. Bugcrusher

Bugcrusher Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    McMurray is sending mine on the week of the 17th. 25 brown egg layer pullets + 1 surprise chick. I have a 4'x 30" brooder all ready for them. Counting the days![​IMG]

6. Mikki7.sharpe@comcast.n17

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2009
    Mine are coming from MacMurray as well... I was hoping that if they knew Veteran's day was breaking up the week, they would hold off the hatch by one day by starting the incubation a day later... but what do I know about the hatchery business? Not one dad gum thing!

I ordered the rainbow layers, with one surprise chick... so our babies will be related!! (What kind of in-law are you by the way?) [​IMG]

7. Airilith

Airilith Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Mine are coming from Ideal [​IMG]

2 RIR, 1 BR, 1 EE, and 3 Blue Silkies (well and who knows how many packing peanuts)

So exciting!

8. fostina1

fostina1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2009
    Waverly, Tn
    my email from ideal actually said the shipped them on the 11th. which is wierd.

9. Bugcrusher

Bugcrusher Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    [email protected]17 :

Mine are coming from MacMurray as well... I was hoping that if they knew Veteran's day was breaking up the week, they would hold off the hatch by one day by starting the incubation a day later... but what do I know about the hatchery business? Not one dad gum thing!

I ordered the rainbow layers, with one surprise chick... so our babies will be related!! (What kind of in-law are you by the way?) [​IMG]

A pop-pop fur sure!. Busy going on busier next week, getting chilly around here, 50's tonight...I KNOW, I KNOW, but this is FL!​

10. Georgiapea

Georgiapea Out Of The Brooder

Ideal Poultry here. I received an email on Tuesday (10th) afternoon saying "your order has been shipped today" and a shipping date of 11/11/09. My contact person at Ideal is Kibbie Thomas. So this is Thursday and so far, no chicks. I even went to the PO this morning on my way to work to make sure they hadn't arrived. I'll do the same in the morning - stop in on my way into Dothan.

I'm not happy about them shipping the day before a federal holiday and it goes without saying the chicks did NOT leave Ideal ON Nov 11th.

So what is everyone getting? My order is 6 Blue Silkies, 4 Red Silkies, 4 White Silkies.

Georgia in Ozark, Alabama

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by