Still would like to find a couple of peacock eggs,MN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MagsC, Jun 19, 2009.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, I found my duck eggs,lol, and also where I am supposed to be getting my guinea eggs from next month. AND I got my turkey eggs.[​IMG]
    Now, darn it, I would just like to find a couple, even ONE peacock egg to give a try at incubating. I dont know how long they are viable, but I would be willing to give even a bit older egg a chance.
    Ah well, if not now, sometime, right?[​IMG]
    You can pm, e-mail, or post here.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Have 3 auctions on ebay for 4 eggs each, these will be layed this weekend. seller name bgcbird. starting bid 15.00

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ah well.[​IMG] I dont have an ebay account though once in a while I cant help but go on to LOOK.[​IMG]

4. imtc

imtc Songster

Oct 30, 2008
    What part of MN are you in?

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wabasha/Kellogg area, just north of Winona.

6. imtc

imtc Songster

Oct 30, 2008
    Quote:I was asking because I live in Texas and will be driving to MN in a couple weeks with an RV to visit family and have a few friends here that have peacocks. I have no idea what their egg laying habits are (how often or how many) but was thinking if you were in the area we'd be heading I might be able to bring one or 2 eggs if they had any? From what I've read though they don't lay many (like 4-5 per season?). Just my random thought...lol.

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats not a bad idea....then I wouldnt have to trust the eggs to the post office,lol. Keep me updated with your thoughts on this.[​IMG]

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    When our peafowl start laying we might consider selling a couple eggs, but they are extremely late this year (do to fencing issues), so I don't know if we'll get any. So I'm not of much help.. sorry. If she decides to start laying and we have extras I'll let you know.

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Just keep me updated. I would be glad to try to hatch one even I get it later. Thanks so much![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: