stinkin goats

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
dont get me wrong, i love my goats but today i wanted to send the mommas all to the freezer!! GAHH

i have a coop that is just 3 foot high, with a run that is 40 foot lon and 10 foot wide for my silkie project pen (working on standard silkies) the run is just 2foot high. well i wake up this morning to the silkie run DEMOLISHED. i mean i had a chicken wire top on the run, the goats decided to see if it would work like a trampoline and well it didnt. it fell and then if that wasnt bad enough they also managed to demolish the sides..... UGH sooo i went and bought new, stronger fencing.. new posts.. etc. and after a few hours the silkies now have their run back. my hands are swollen and i have blisters.. nothin like breaking my hands in at once since they had nearly all winter off!! LOL

Posts-30$
fencing-40$

having goats that are too cute to eat.. PRICELESS LOL ( and the cost of sore hands LOL)

It's not the babies fault! The goats are crazy to start with. I walked out onto the deck this afternoon to see BOTH the momma and baby on the glass table....munching my garlic plants tops off
smack.gif
Goats have to be the MOST mentally challenged of the barnyard...furry village idiots
rant.gif

i got the stink eye from my goats yesterday when i fed the chickens and they discovered that they couldnt get in the run LOL suckers! i win.. this time anyways

I'm almost worried when we go to get lamanchas... I don't know that we can handle the goats antics. We get enough from the chickens and the cats!

lau.gif
Thanks Shadow. I needed that laugh tonight. It was hilarious. Goats are the most challenging difficult animals I have ever owned. But also the funniest and actually I think smart. They are always up to something and in to something. I love them but have thought the same as you.
gig.gif

Here's how I sometimes see my goats, Four-legged tap dancers just itching to spring on anything 2+ feet high (including my brand-new car, my house, the chicken coop, my raised garden beds, etc.).

lau.gif
That is one of the reasons I don't have Nubians anymore, bless their hearts! I love them while I had them for a long time and I do miss them but not those devious little minds of theirs!
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom