Stinky runs...?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newducklady11, Jul 31, 2014.

1. newducklady11

newducklady11 In the Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    PNW
    My ducks have had the stinky runs on and off..? Is it just how their stomach works or are they sick? It's liquidy and stinks horribly! They seem to be fine...thanks!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Duck poo depends on what they eat to how it looks and the consistency it is. Most of it is watery my broody's have thick very stinky poo. It all smells but again depending on what they have been eating depends on how it looks and smells, if they are eating drinking and acting normal other wise they are probably fine.What all do they eat? and how old are they?

3. newducklady11

Jul 23, 2014
    PNW
    @Miss Lydia thanks! They have duck food (grainy looking stuff) and I give them cucumbers daily (they've liked them since they were little, not a new thing) but I have been recently been giving them clean cut up lettuce..? Maybe that's it?

4. newducklady11

Jul 23, 2014
    PNW
    @Miss Lydia they are around 5months

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Lettuce has alot of water in it and anything they eat like that is going to make their poo soupy, still good for them I feed it to mine. They drink alot of water so that is going to make anything they eat come out wetter. We know that grains are good for the digestive system so I'd say they are playing a role too. I wouldn't be worried unless you notice them off their feed or you see blood in the poo, But if they are acting like normal ducks then it's most likely just normal duck poo. lol Thank goodness for water hoses. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: