1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stinky Silkie Poo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by winekntrychicks, Jul 26, 2008.

1. winekntrychicks

winekntrychicks Pooper Peeper

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    I recently bought a black silkie chick. Her poo (regular poo-not the brown pudding poo) has a distinct odor from the rest of my other assorted teenage girls... ie, 2 EE, 2 RIR, 1 Cochin, 1 barred rock-their regular poo has absolutely no odor what so ever. Is this a characteristic of Silkes? She is quarantined right now as she is new and her area smells like a stinky aviary zoo. I am not happy about this. Any thoughts from any one? Do they need a special type of food? She is getting the medicated start and grow like the others. Thanks. hmm

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    "to me their poo doth not stink?"....their regular poo has absolutely no odor what so ever....

Hey, doesn't all poo stink?

3. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I know what you mean.. I have a chicken in the house(for health issues)
    and she has the nastist smelly poop ever !! UHRRR i have to clean it like 4 times a day.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I guess I will find out soon ...I have a batch of silkie eggs in the cooler waiting for the incubator [​IMG]

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    some of my chickens have smellier poo than others but I dont have any silkies.. Some .... P U it stinks..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by