STL- St Louis Chicken People

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Chesca, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Chesca

Chesca Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    Wichita
    Hey all,

Long time reader, first time writer. I used this sight to get inspired for my coop and learn anything I needed to know! I have had chickens now for 2 full years, my chickens are actually leap year chicks! I currently live in Wichita, but I think I will be relocating to St Louis soon. It seems that chicken rules/laws are different for every neighborhood from what I gathered. Are there any places that don't accept any? and how many chickens can you have?

Thanks in advance for any STL chicken advice/info!

2. Chesca

Chesca Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    Wichita
    No one in St Louis on here? I'm looking in the Tower Grove area (which I've already found out is super chicken friendly,) University City, and possibly Maplewood/Richmond Heights. Looks like places I can afford are more towards the U City and Tower Grove parts. I'd be interested to know what the backyard chicken situation is like in U City. I'm also somewhat of an avid gardner (relatively new.) Just looking for neighborhoods in STL with like minded people!

3. Troubs

Troubs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2014
    Hey Chesca! I just joined and was looking for STL people and found this post. You are allowed up to 4 in St. Louis City but many people have more if they are not out in the open. We have at least 4 coops that I am aware of on our surrounding streets and it is a very chicken friendly area. I am located just west of Tower Grove and just east of Maplewood. Have you relocated yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by