Stock photography... makin' money 'til we can sell eggs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by goats_n_chicks, Jun 15, 2009.

1. goats_n_chicks

goats_n_chicks In the Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Stock photography is sold online to people who need photos for websites, brochures, etc.

So I decided to sell photos of the chickens until I can start selling their eggs.

[​IMG]

And this is Fuzzball and we have no idea what breed she is.

2. goats_n_chicks

May 3, 2009
    and here's one of our RIR

[​IMG]

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi, I was wondering how you get the copy right on the picture? I Am an ameuter Photographer - yet have already had pictures stolen.

4. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Songster

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Quote:I'd be happy to make you a copyright file for adding to your photos. I'm always dabbling around with stuff like that. What Photo Editing program do you use?

Michelle

5. What a great idea! I've gotten some excellent photos also.. (a hobby of mine) and since i'm a teenager, this may be an opportunity to earn some money! So maybe you could teach me how it goes...

here are a few of mine... do you think they're worthy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    PlumTuckered-
    I dont realy edit my photos. The most I ever do is cro the excess scenery to make the subject stand out. Is there a program you would recommend?

ChickenCharmer -
    Your pics are gorgeous! And i know what ya mean by the teen and money thing [​IMG] right now Im either on the trator or push mower everyday for at least two - three hours. [​IMG]

7. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    This sounds interesting.Will you teach me too! Your photos are fun and cute! [​IMG]

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ohhhh. We could have a teaching thread XD lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Songster

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Hi all,

Those photos are ALL wonderful!!! Great job. Keep it up.

Kathy

10. goats_n_chicks

May 3, 2009
    The editing software I use is Corel Paint Shop Pro. With this program, you can put a watermark on your photos.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJVQDG/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

There are several different stock photography companies. The main one I use is Shutterstock
    http://www.shutterstock.com/

There is also Dreamstime, Istock, 123RF and Getty. Look at the various photos on these sites and see what type of photos are selling.

Different sites have different photo requirements e.i. Shutterstock has a minimum of 4mp requirement.

The logo on my photos is taken care of Shutterstock. I would not recommend putting a photo anywhere on the web without a watermark.

If you want a decent free editing program, download Picasa from Google. It's free and easy!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: