STOLEN ANIMALS IN FT. WORTH, DALLAS, WACO AREA

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bockbock2008, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I don't think it has been posted here yet but one of our members had several animals stolen last night. If you are in this area and know anything, please let me know.

STOLEN
    1 Emu 5 1/2 feet tall
    10 Ameraucana pullets
    15 Black Broilers
    1 Opal peacock
    They tried to steal one of the dogs to but he got away.
    Please be on the look out for our animals

2. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    The emu was found in a back pasture dead. She said it looked as if it had been field dressed and the Sherrif was looking at it.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    :(

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Dang... I hope they catch the thieves. no... actually I hope they SHOOT them. [​IMG] I can't stand a thief.

I can't believe anyone would steal an emu though, sorta can see someone killing one if they needed the food. Around here they are free everywhere.

I'll let all my friends know that deal in animals in case they were stolen to sell.

5. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG That's terrible.... So maybe they stole the chickens to eat, since they killed the emu... But are they going to also eat the peacock? And the dog, why steal the dog? To sell it? Scary.

6. LissyB

LissyB Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    That is horrible. [​IMG]

8. LaPetiteFarmer

LaPetiteFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Vista, CA
    I am so sorry! It's horrible! Any news since?

9. I'm so sorry to hear about the Emu and the theft... I know how you feel, I recently got one of my Pekin chickens stolen, the thief climbed the fence on a neighbor's boat. We found a few feathers on a tree, probably how they got out... My mom said that they probably sold him in the city because his breed isn't common here. It was a storm and blackout so we couldn't know what happened until morning. But since then we put barbed wire on the fence facing the beach.

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

How horrible.....I couldn't imagine finding one of my emu that way...... Hope they rot in hock sticks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by