STOLEN BEI's

jrsqlc

Obsessed with Peafowl
12 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Northwest Ohio
Well I posted some pics of my BEI's the other day and someone came and stole them sometime between thanksgiving and this morning!!!

I am PI**ed.....hopefully we find who did this!!!

Man that stinks that someone stole your birds. Do think there is a real connection between posting them online and the theft? That is so messed up. Now we have to hide our identity and location just to protect our birds. That stinks beyond.

well i bought a older pair not long ago and just posted the pic of the older male on Craigslist to sell and........4 of them stolen.
My 1 hen i just bought...and 2 this year hatch males.....and 1 PERFECT SHOW male.

they only took the ones i had banded as breeders...and my ONLY hen

Last edited:
I've never sold birds on Craigslist, but I have bought and sold trucks. Rules for safe selling: (learned from the guy I bought my Ford from)

1. Never put your address
2. Never put your landline number, too easily traced to your address. Test this yourself. Go to Google and put in your landline number. Your address will probably display in about 15 seconds.
3. when I show a truck I am selling, I never show it at my house. I put it down at my mechanic's shop and meet my potential Craigslist buyer there. Public place, witnesses I trust, and the buyer doesn't know where I live, can't scope my place out to burglarize while I'm gone at work.

I'm sorry for your loss... Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

That's horrible... and ridiculous!! did you have your home address or something on the ad? If i put a # up it's always my cell.. i worry about people around here doing that(there's some weirdos around here!) whenever i have any animals posted.

I hope you find them
fl.gif

How awful! I hope you catch the guys and get them back.

By the way, I put in my landline number on Google and the only information it gives is what is in the phone book, anyway. It only gave my first initial and my last name, city and zip code. You can tell the phone company to leave out your first name address in the listings for free.

Quote:
Yikes! How do I get my info off of there?

ETA: a lot of that information is wrong, anyway and it's hard to pinpoint me exactly.

I also checked their privacy policy and there was a link to: why Zabasearch is legal. When I clicked on it, there was an error.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom