Stolen chickens - Sandia Park, NM - Albuquerque

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by missamerica, Jan 2, 2013.

1. missamerica

missamerica New Egg

Jan 2, 2013
    On December 22, we had 10 chickens stolen from our coop: a mixture of Americaunas and Black Austrolorps. If anyone in the Albuquerque area has purchased them, please let us know. We heard that they were sold at a feed store and have been going to all we know of who buy chickens. One Americana, Snow, was attacked by a hawk and I nursed her back ot health.
    If anyone has suggestions about how we might be able to track them down, any ideas would be appreciated. We are heartbroken and were upset by the sheriff's reaction to stolen chickens.
    [​IMG]

2. Oh my goddess
    I can't believe anyone would do something like that and it's right before Christmas!!!!
    Good luck to finding your chickens . That thieve has a heart the size of a mini chicken poop

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Sorry it is under these circumstances. I assume you have contacted law enforcement? Another avenue might be to post on the New Mexico thread here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Chicken owners talk and maybe someone has heard about your birds. Good luck to you - hope you can locate them safe and sound.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately I think it's unlikely you'll find them. Unless they are rare breeds and even then it's difficult, or have something that makes them unique. Keep trying though, you never know, but it's also unlikely that the thief will sell them on locally.

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    :welcome Glad you joined us. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find them but the odds aren't very good. Good luck.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    If indeed they were sold from the feed store, the owners should know who brought them in - ask for their records. Sadly enough, some officials think, "They're just chickens." So sorry that you are dealing with this. [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. How awful! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan - it is really appalling what some people will do for money. Good luck.

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!
    sorry about your chickens!

10. Mntfowl

Mntfowl New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    NM
    Where about in Sandia Park? What time? Is your property fenced? Do you have dogs or horses? They usually make noise when a stranger shows up. We live off of S14 & I feel safe here. Sorry to hear this. I don't know any feed stores in town that sell chickens. Just T & C on old 66.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by