Stomach Flu Forewarning

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 65browneyes, Nov 6, 2008.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    It's horrendous! Hit me at 3 am Tuesday and didn't let up until about 4 am today. And, I still don't feel back to par, just upright. Haven't eaten since Monday. In fact, Tuesday morning alone, I lost 5 pounds, and a total of 8 after this thing.

The last time I experienced anything like that was food poisoning a couple years ago. I did consider perhaps this was FP rather than flu, but I have no clue what I could have eaten that would bring it on.

Stomach cramps like labor pains, body aches like never before, freezing cold laying in bed under a pile of blankets, nearly passing out in the bathroom, drenched in sweat.........it was horrible!

So, learn from me. Bump up the Vitamin C, stay out of crowds, and wash those hands!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh dear me. I am glad you have pulled through it - sick to my stomache is one thing I hate more than anything and it seems that almost everything makes me ill.

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I hope you're better, take care of yourself.......you know the drill, chicken soup!
    [​IMG]

Take care, Tina

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Sorry you were sick, I hate the stomach flu the worst! Heck of a way to lose weight!

5. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I'm one of two people around here that haven't had it.

It's going throughout everyone, so it's only a matter of time for me. I felt uber sick to my stomach last night, so I know it's on it's way.

6. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I had this too. It was the most awful nausea I remember. Thankfully it only lasted 24 hrs. But I still felt very weak for another day. I figured out I got it from volunteering in the nursery at church because someone else I was working with got it too.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I just went through that with my daughter. She was sick five days straight and lost ten pounds. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. None of us were sick from her though, it seems so random. [​IMG]

9. HenSpa

HenSpa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mmmhmm. I wish you could hear my voice right now...I sound like Chesty LaRoo (4-pack-a-day cigarette voice). I got to experience the wonderful crossbreeding of 2 illnesses this past week. My son had horrible cough/cold virus so took him to pediatrician. We both caught a stomach bug while there, apparently, because he started throwing up a day or so after and now...I have both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by