Stomping on toes and smashing legs........

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cackydoodledoo, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Somehow managed to shut my leghorn's leg in the coop door today. Was really busy moving things around and just let it slam behind me. STUPID!!! Good thing the door has about an inch gap at the bottom or it would have probably broke her leg. She didn't squak or anything and just kept right on strutting!! Thank God!!! If that wasn't bad enough I walk in the back door and my idiotic cat steps right under my feet and I smash her foot under mine. Now she squaked and then proceeded to run downstairs and not have anything to do with me the rest of the night. Probably because I cussed her out for getting under foot. She has a fascination with the backdoor. She thinks she needs to go outside but I don't think she does. If I let her out I might as well change her name to T-Bone!!! She got out once before and was out for 2 days before I realized it. How she survived is beyond me!!! She obviously didn't learn her lesson the first time!!!!

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I was getting one of my EE roos out to show him the Golden Comet pullets and my mom closed the brooder door and hit him in the HEAD!! He was fine though, it was a very gentle bump, and he could have cared less. Sometimes with animals you just do these things...[​IMG]

3. cackydoodledoo

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Yeah I know but I feel so bad. Stepped on another one's foot this morning when she got right under me. It's nice that they all want to get close and be buddies but it sure makes it hard to walk in the coop. I have two that I let out all the time and I have to be really careful as they head straight for the door everytime I come out!!

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I've always grown up around animals, and have learned how to 'walk amongst them', but my boyfriend didn't so I suggested he go to youtube and look up the puppy shuffle... anyone with animals knows this is what you have to do! [​IMG]
    Puppy shuffle: sliding their feet across the floor rather than lifting them up between steps.​

5. cackydoodledoo

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Quote:
    Heck this is how my DH an DD walk all the time. Dragging their feet!!! No wonder they never step on anyone!! Guess I will have to start doing that as well but you know it's hard to train yourself to do something new when you're used to doing it the other way for so long!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by