StoneWares or Pizza Stone users

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by EweSheep, Feb 22, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I got three pizza stones and wondered what else I can bake them on? I've tried pizzas, garlic bread, crescent rolls, and sugar and chocolate chip and oatmeat cookies.

In my stoneware casserole dish, I've baked chicken and meat pot pies in them.

Now I am looking for wonderful recipes and looking to "blacken" or season my pans!

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I use mine for EVERYTHING! No joke. Mine are so black! Make sure you use NO soaps on them! I reheat on them too. You know when you go and you have some awesome bread from somewhere???...it is like it just came out of the oven! Love it!!! You can even do bacon on them!!!

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    You can do pretty much anything--chicken breasts, etc. Just don't broil with them--they wil crack

4. maus

maus Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2007
    Florida
    My husband used to be a chef...he loves the pizza stones! He uses them for bread, pizza, just about anything

5. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant. I would tell my clients that whatever you would bake on a traditional metal baking pan, you can bake on stoneware. I don't even use any of my metal baking pans anymore because stoneware does a much nicer job!

6. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I love pampered chef!!!!! Wish someone around here would have a party!!!!
    I love my stoneware, especially the pizza stone, use it for everything!!!!! (Its totally black)

7. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    I have one have used it about 6 times. Just dont make things it can be used with. But now we are making our own bread I shall be using it more.

8. bluedog

bluedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    Question? I purchased a pizza stone a while back and have never used it. What do you put on it to start using it. Like to season it or does a person just use a cooking spray?

9. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Quote:Spray it with cocking spray and then cover it with biscuits. They can be purchased at Aldi's pretty cheap.

I used to sell Home and Garden Party and that is what we always used.

10. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Cornmeal is what all the books say so nothing sticks. The stones are porous so cooking spray is not that good. With the cornmeal you apply it each time and thing just slide off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by