stop pecking attacks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cryptkeeper, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I heard from an ol timer farmer last night, that a way to stop your chickens from attacking and ganging up on a single or couple others is to put Vicks Vapor rub right under their nostrils for about a week. Has anyone else heard or tried this before?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I don't know, but I'd like to know. I have the bottom hen pecked. :(. I use blu-kote and it seems to help her feathers grow back.

3. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I bought some last night (blu-kote) but my wife had already gone out and got rooster booster pick-no-more, and had one of my sons put it on a gaping wound on my newest girl. I am going to try the vicks tonight think. That is unless of course i hear other wise from the mass of knowledge on this forum HINT HINT HINT[​IMG][​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    [​IMG] My chickens slurp up Rooster Booster 'Pick-No-More' like kids slurping up a slushie. Different story with Rooster Booster 'Black Salve' though. Vicks Vapor Rub works well too. Wear disposable gloves if you use the Black Salve.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by