Stop Turning on day 19?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SundownWaterfowl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have call duck eggs hatching in the incubator, and they wont be done till tomorrow morning.

Today is day 18 for a batch due this friday. If I stop turning them tomorrow, early in day 19, and moved them to the hatcher, they should be fine, right?

ETA: The batch due this friday are chicken eggs.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    I have not hatched ducks yet... but for the chickens I stop turning on day 18, keep an eye on the humity was told ducks need more, interested to see what others say as I have duck eggs do to hatch on the 22 of april. Good luck with your hatch!

3. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:I should have said the batch due this friday is chicken eggs, not duck eggs. The only hatcher I have now will be occupied until tomorrow morning, so I cant stop turning them today, which is day 18.

I mean, stopping turning 1 day later shouldnt cause any problems, right?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    I dont think that would hurt, but as i was sitting here thinking about it I was told to stop turning on day 25 for duck eggs hatch is 28 days. And day 32 for Muscovy. And hatch date is 35 Muscovy. Maybe call ducks are different?
    Also good luck on your chicky hatch!

5. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Yup, stop turning call duck eggs on day 23. They hatch on day 26.

6. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Gosh ducks are a hard one LOL
    I have forgotton to stop turning and woke up to peeping sounds in eggs for chickens and all hatched out fine. So I think yours will be ok.

7. Yes turning them one day extra before putting them in the hatcher should be just fine .

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I often forget to move mine until day 19 and they do just fine. Just make sure the incubator they're in has water. This way if they do pip, they don't dry out too fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by