1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stopped laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DeepDishChix, May 11, 2016.

1. DeepDishChix

DeepDishChix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2015
    Hello,
    Recently my 7 chickens (6 Easter Eggers and 1 Gold Comet), have slowed down their egg production. I'm only getting around 3 eggs a day, whereas before I would get 5-6. They hatched in May 2015. The Gold Comet has still been laying consistently though. I gave them a ton of greens, fresh water, and the correct amount of layer feed. pls help

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Because of EE being a mixed breed, I have found them to be unreliable as far as consistent production, some lay well, others not so much. Mine in the past would lay and quit throughout the season.

3. DeepDishChix

DeepDishChix Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2015
    I think we solved the problem. They would not go out in the sun during the day, so I locked them outside yesterday (with shade and water), and they laid 6 eggs. Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by