Stopped Laying?

doubleatraining

Songster
12 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Franklinton, NC
I have had my 16 coturnix quail now for almost a week. I got 6 eggs on the ride over and only 4 since then.....

I have noticed there is one EVIL quail hen that attacks EVERYONE all the time. Help is coming tomorrow to catch her and she will be sent to freezer camp.

Can she be causing the rest to stop laying? Is it the stress of the move? They have a ton more room here than where I bought them from....should I split the pen so its smaller?

The hen could be the cause of them not laying. Also they will lay with stress and then stop until they get used to the new home and then get back to laying.

Grrrr I was afraid of that. I have already called a friend. He is coming over in the morning to help me catch the "spawn of satan" hen and she will be added to the list being sent to freezer camp tomorrow!

Ok well I think she is still bound for freezer camp. Every time I go out there she is grabbing/lifting another quail by the back of the neck and attacking everyone. They have TONS of room. So the evil hen is out.

I'm trying all that I can to make them happy. I have tons of shavings and hay in the coop and there is fresh hay and grass clippings in the run. Fresh water and plenty to eat.....although I have noticed they eat a LOT more than I expected. lol

Back
Top Bottom