Stopping in to say hello from Middle TN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HillbillyFab, Jun 28, 2016.

1. HillbillyFab

HillbillyFab Just Hatched

Jun 28, 2016
    Vanleer TN
    Researching different breeds of birds and ran across yall's site. Always excited to see different breeds of birds. I currently have a few Australops and a Rhode Island red or two. :)

Looking forward to learning more about other birds here.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Nice birds you have there, great breeds. How long have you been keeping them? Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] You've got two very nice breeds! I kept RIR's a time ago and I loved them.

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Welcome!

I love the RIR's! Hey, you may want to check out the Bielefelders! Great all around chicken. Very very friendly. And they lay a good amount of eggs, and, they lay large. So I've read..lol..waiting on this pullet. I've already noticed the friendly! She follows me around and talks to me the whole time. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HillbillyFab

HillbillyFab Just Hatched

Jun 28, 2016
    Vanleer TN

Current birds are 6-7 months old. They were kinda rescue birds. Feller a county over was covered up with young birds, to the tune of 300+. He made my brother and me a deal that we couldn't refuse. For every rooster we caught we could have a hen. We caught 50 birds all together, 25 hens and 25 roosters. I grew up with Reds, so I wanted to try something differnet so I keep 11 hens and 1 rooster of the Australops. He keep the other hens and we found homes for the other roosters. So it was a good deal for all parties involved.

7. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Sounds like a great deal, and RIRs are so fun! And if you're interested in breeds, there are always great discussions going on in many of the forums here. There are so many helpful people here on BYC, and if you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask! People here are super nice and helpful. Thanks for joining us, and good luck!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I envy your chicken catching skills. Folks should hire you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by