Storage, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LittleRedCoop, Dec 6, 2011.

1. LittleRedCoop

LittleRedCoop Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Hello!!!

I've been very curious about where those with people-sized walk in coops keep all of there chicken equipment. I want to build a 10x10 walk-in coop in the Spring and I am planning on having a 4x10 storage area inside. Just curious, what's your storage setup?
    Pictures appreciated [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    My storage is two of those aluminum trash cans. One for layer feed, and the other for scratch. I keep them outside in my chicken run. The run has a roof on it. Anything else has to stay in the garage.

3. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine is not a walk in coop, but maybe these pics could spark some ideas for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Our feed is kept in a separate building (a small barn) ..along with pine bedding, hay, horse feed and rabbit pellets. That's where we also keep all the garden tools, saddles and tack (when we had full sized equines). We also store most of the equipment we use for butchering in the barn (guns, knives and shears are kept in the house)
    Extra waterers, feeders and brooder equipment is kept on our enclosed back porch since we brood the babies in the house
    Incubators are kept in the office.

Our coops are "Hoop Coops", so it's just the birds and their daily needs in the coops.

5. LittleRedCoop

Apr 13, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't remember the last time I saw a coop that is so beautiful. What a gorgeous and practical setup!! That did give me some ideas, thank you!!! And you have some VERY lucky ladies on your hands. [​IMG]

6. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    The can holds the scratch. The broom is hung on a hook.

[​IMG]
    The tote holds the pine bedding, hay, false eggs, misc.

I also keep a shovel outside of the door.

It's all cleverly kept in the coop, but out of the chickens curious sight [​IMG]

7. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I don't remember the last time I saw a coop that is so beautiful. What a gorgeous and practical setup!! That did give me some ideas, thank you!!! And you have some VERY lucky ladies on your hands. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Thank you! We planned a long time for it after going through every coop page on this site. What a great site this is! [​IMG]

8. LittleRedCoop

Apr 13, 2011

[​IMG] Thank you! We planned a long time for it after going through every coop page on this site. What a great site this is! [​IMG]

I don't know what I'd do without this site. I turn to it each time I have a question!
    I am in love with your coop, it is beautiful. Wonderful job...just goes to show that taking your time and doing your research really pays off!! [​IMG]

9. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps
    Quote:+1. That's an excellent bit of design work there!

10. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote:Love the wall color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by