Store bought egg experiment

Pics

Silkiesaz

🐓 Silkie Queen 🐓
8 Years
Mar 18, 2016
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
I just bought a dozen of organic, pasture raised brown eggs from the store. I had heard people talking about store bought eggs hatching so I decided to try. I cracked one egg and it was fertile. 20221116_181200.jpg
I replaced the cracked egg with one of my Easter egger eggs and numbered all the eggs. I got the incubator set up and put them in.
20221116_185125.jpg
Feel free to follow along, I will post weekly updates when I candle and am planning on updating every Wedensday.

Attachments

• 20221116_184940.jpg
    20221116_184940.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 18
I just bought a dozen of organic, pasture raised brown eggs from the store. I had heard people talking about store bought eggs hatching so I decided to try. I cracked one egg and it was fertile. View attachment 3324903
I replaced the cracked egg with one of my Easter egger eggs and numbered all the eggs. I got the incubator set up and put them in.
View attachment 3324908
Feel free to follow along, I will post weekly updates when I candle and am planning on updating every Wedensday.
I am looking forward to following along! I just did this with Trader Joe's "fertile eggs" and out of 12 eggs, one hatched overnight and 2 more have pipped. I was semi-unprepared because I wasn't sure if any of them would hatch but lo and behold! Now I am scrambling to get ready for these 3 chicks because I'm set up for outdoor chicks and it is too cold for them outside.

I am looking forward to following along! I just did this with Trader Joe's "fertile eggs" and out of 12 eggs, one hatched overnight and 2 more have pipped. I was semi-unprepared because I wasn't sure if any of them would hatch but lo and behold! Now I am scrambling to get ready for these 3 chicks because I'm set up for outdoor chicks and it is too cold for them outside.
Congrats on your babies! Hopefully mine will hatch too!

I have a store that sold local eggs. I got 34/36 hatch rate. The reason I set so many is I didn't think they would all hatch. I also check the health food store for eggs to set. In both cases I know which farm's eggs hatch the best. Just today I bought eggs from a neighboring state because I wanted certain eggs. But hatching is fun.

I just bought a dozen of organic, pasture raised brown eggs from the store. I had heard people talking about store bought eggs hatching so I decided to try. I cracked one egg and it was fertile. View attachment 3324903
View attachment 3324908
Following!
I hatched my ducks from supermarket eggs

Back
Top Bottom