store bought eggs help

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenlover135, Jan 16, 2013.

1. chickenlover135

chickenlover135 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2013
    Chicago
    hi i bought eggs from whole foods (fertile) and i made a homemade incubater and when i candeled the eggs you can see the veins (today is day 11 there supposed to hatch on the 25th) so i need lots of tips on what to do and i will keep everybody updated and also what breed do whole food eggs become and they only moved once so what does that mean [​IMG]
    these are the eggs i would've candeled them and show you a picture but their brown eggs so hard to see plz help me I'm totally lost.[​IMG]

2. Gallina Sarda

Gallina Sarda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Winterport, Maine
    Hey there! From what I've reAd, they're probably leghorns. You should check out the incubating and hatching thread for specific details as to how to successfully hatch eggs. Theres a "Learning Center" tab at the top of the screen. from there select hatching eggs. You'll find threads that include pictures of where the air cell should be at different stages of development as well as your humidity levels and temperature. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. chickenlover135

Jan 15, 2013
    Chicago
    thanks

4. SuperChiks

SuperChiks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    That is so cool keep us posted!

5. chickenlover135

Jan 15, 2013
    Chicago
    Yeah I Will keep Everybody Updated And Also If you Have Incubationg Egg let us know i Will Be Sooo Excited to know

6. not leghorns, their eggs are white. They are probably either RIRs or some production breed.

7. chickenlover135

Jan 15, 2013
    Chicago
    Oh okay thanks A Lot

8. Barn Mama

Barn Mama Out Of The Brooder

Just make shure you keep the humitity levels regulated and no change in heat....Make shure you turn them at least twice a day....best to put a mark on one side. Stop turning them 1 week before they are to hatch. Good Luck! can`t wait to see them [​IMG]

9. chickenlover135

Jan 15, 2013
    Chicago
    Thanks

10. little farmer

little farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

That's so cool!!!! Good luck with them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by