1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

store bought eggs what stores sell fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kamhia, Feb 4, 2013.

1. kamhia

kamhia Out Of The Brooder

.Ive tried hatching store bought eggs i have one or two devolping that are from the store but the hard part is finding them. what every day stores sell fertile eggs its hard to order eggs and one had cracked so this is much easier

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Trader Joe's is one of the most commonly used ones. Whole foods. I think a lot of health food stores sell them.

3. what did I do

what did I do Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Montana
    Your best bet is to look for a healthfood store. If the store doesn't know have them ask the supplier. Most of the eggs I've hatched were headed to a local health food store. If it is a small store with a local supplier maybe they could get you some unwashed eggs to hatch.

Trader Joe's on the west coast sells fertile eggs. I hatch some of their eggs but I picked them up while on vacation. My hatch rate was low ,7 chicks out of 4 dz eggs, due to travel, time in a cooler, and everything else they went through before I got them.

4. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    Whole foods does not carry fertile eggs at least here,,,,,

5. kamhia

kamhia Out Of The Brooder

Does sauder farm sell fertilie eggs ive heard the chickens are cage free and have sight of roosters on the farm♂♀ツ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by