Store bought set

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmer_lew, Jan 14, 2011.

1. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    Four days ago, HHandbasket and I set 3 eggs we bought at the Sacramento co-op. We candled them tonight and could plainly see the developing vessel complexes! Looks like all three are developing and we may get three chicks (hopefully!). So far, so good, at least. We are hopeful for a 100% hatch on, or around, 1/30.

2. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Congrats!!! That's sooooooo cool!

3. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Congrats!!! Can't wait to see what hatches [​IMG] for a 100% hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Interesting hatch - [​IMG]

5. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Hehehe yah, we were sooo excited, we had to look twice! So far, so good. It's only a 3-egg bator or we'd have set more, no doubt. That'll be a good story to tell if they all hatch and are healthy. Wouldn't that just be something? We don't even know what kind of eggs they are. They are just really big brown eggs.

6. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    Well, the incubation is going good. We candled again last night and could plainly see the outline of the yolk and the "dark spot" in it. I don't think my flashlight is bright enough, though. That or my eyes are worse than I thought! [​IMG] I can barely see any veining. The eggs were set 7 days ago, on the 9th. The veins should be clearly visible, right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by