Store Bought vs. Fresh from the Coop *Pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bec, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Here are some pictures i took today. I watch 2 little ones during the day and their dad brought some eggs for them to have that are store bought. I decided to make some of my own. Just look at the difference! (Excuse the lovely paper plates)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scrambled before cooking
    [​IMG]

Scrambled after cooking
    [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Wow, what a difference! [​IMG] Grade A eggs my foot! Store eggs get an F in my book. Backyard eggs are visibly the best. [​IMG]

3. urbanolive

urbanolive Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    asheville,nc
    Wow, what a difference ! Our girls haven't started laying yet but I can't wait. I'm so tired of eating store bought eggs!

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Store bought just doesn't stand up to fresh... And speaking of comparisons, this may not be true for all folks allergic to egg whites so proceed with caution... My son was allergic to them as a toddler(severely) but we found out he could eat fresh eggs and he wouldn't break out in a rash like he did the store bought. Now my mom can't have store bought eggs because they hurt her stomach and she gets really sick, well, guess what... I brought them over some of my eggs, she could eat them no problems. It's a hmmm thing I guess.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  5. ellieroo

ellieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Pictures worth a thousand words never truer than yours!! It is so hard to explain to people I now have your pics thank you!![​IMG]

6. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    so the dad didnt want the kids eating the fresh ones or what? Did you show him the pictures?

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Wow, Bec, who's layig those pretty eggs? Ain't no stinkin' DBH, that's for sure! [​IMG]

Bet the G's prefer them!

8. Bec

Quote:LOL [​IMG] You got that right! Must be my 1 orpington out of 8 layers who is laying right now! And yes, The G's eat them up! [​IMG]

9. Bec

Quote:No, not that, My flock seems to be on strike! So the few that we get we save for my hubby and kids, they are super picky and will not eat grocery store eggs!

I will be showing him the pics! The kids love our eggs! Their dad is good about the chickens, he understands [​IMG]

10. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:I couldn't eat lamb growing up because of the hormones.... I bet naturally grown varieties would be fine for me! Its the same with so much these days... you add hormones and chemicals and it does nothing but cause damage to the eater of the product long before it causes damage to the product! Takes a couple generations to even show its affect I suppose... and the FDA refuses to acknowledge it still! 10 more years, and I see a complete meltdown of the FDA's policy and they'll have a new agency, new policies and they'll start ALL over! (Good luck Bayer!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by