1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Storey's Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Chicken Lady, Dec 29, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, so I picked this book up. It's fabulous -- so much information all in one place (and great photos)!

Does anyone else have this book? What do you think of it?

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    My DH got me the same book for Christmas! I love it!

3. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Luv it. Glamour shots of chickens, ducks, geese... Just need hot cocoa, a cozy throw and my favorite spot on the couch.

4. crazedguinea

crazedguinea Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2008
    se pa
    i got this too but earlier for my birthday, it's really a well written book with great pictures and i stilll like to re-read it. the only problem is that i want one of these-one of those-oh that looks like it would be a nice addition too.

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Yep, I have one. It is full of great pictures, makes ya put together a wish list!

6. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Yes, yes, I have that book and I love it!! I wish they would publish Vol. 2, 3, etc. with pics that are not in the first one. The book is really awesome. [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I love it too..great book with excellent photos. [​IMG]

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I saw it at the tractor supply store the other day and was snoopin through it. I'll get it eventually he he he

9. SandRun

SandRun Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Got mine about a year ago, and it's just about worn out. I flip through the pages hoping to get some tidbit of info I hadn't picked up on earlier. Oh and the pictures are great, much better than the illustrations in most catalogs and hatchery sites.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by