Stories of Your Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joshbparker, Dec 12, 2013.

1. joshbparker

joshbparker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Winton, North Carolina
    Don't we all love to hear each others stories about our experiences with chickens????? So this is just a story thread..... so tell you stories!!!! [​IMG] On anything for example on how you come to raising chickens, on what kind of success you have had with different breeds.... just have fun and be polite!!!!! [​IMG]

2. sepaditty1

sepaditty1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I had wanted chickens for years, but never got "ready." Then, one day last March I drove to the feed store & bouught 4 little fuzz balls. Golden SexLinks. Ran around for a couple hours getting everything I needed. Doing it backwards.

Once we put up a run & turned the girls loose it didn't take long to see that we didn't have enough. Went for 4 more...came home with six. Oops.

It took a littlee bit longer for my hubby to get on board; but, now he is a junkie just like me. We're planning what we want to add next spring & he didn't even laugh at me when I said I wanted an incubator.

Crazy chicken lady....here I come!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by