Stories

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Speedychicken27, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Speedychicken27

Speedychicken27 Songster

Mar 5, 2018
    Michigan
    Hi do you have any funny or interesting poultry pics or stories if so pls share them!:D

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    This is Dapper Dan, Jersey Giant Rooster. He thinks I can't see him because of the tarp. He hasn't quite grasped the idea of hiding behind the tarp.
    DSCN0277.JPG

Spiderduck and heatherwk like this.
  3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    These two are trying to open a zip lock bag.

DSCN0398.JPG

Spiderduck likes this.
  4. LittleMissCountry

LittleMissCountry Songster

Mar 30, 2018
    Virginia
    I am new to chickens, so I think most of what they do is funny. Lol.

My chicks are 7 weeks right now and have definite personalities. We have on black star that does not like to be caught, but once you hold her she calms down. She will run at you like she is happy to see you, then at about two feet away she will "fly" to the right or left of you. Fools my kids every time. When you try to catch her, she will stay still until you are almost ready to grab her, then flap her wings wildly and dart away. It is almost like she is laughing at us when she does it.

Spiderduck and theoldchick like this.
  5. heatherwk

heatherwk Chirping

Apr 7, 2018
    love this!

Spiderduck and theoldchick like this.
  6. Spiderduck

Spiderduck Songster

Jul 16, 2017
    Peterborough uk
    This is my rooster Sam.

Today as I brought him inside the house, which I do from time to time, because he is a special boy.
    It was kind of dark and i let him go out to find him way to the coop while i was behind him with a torch. I did a detour to the shed to quickly put something away.

Sam came and found me! He wanted to go home and he was looking for me to let him into the coop!

He is a very good boy! Just like a dog i sometimes think! 20180321_181919.jpg

theoldchick likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: