Stories

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChcknGrl, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ChcknGrl

ChcknGrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    I want everyone who views this 2 reply with stories of their chickens!

2. rollkeeg877

rollkeeg877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    well im 15 and have had chickens all my life and the first chicken i ever had was a little white silkie and i loved her so much then one day i came home to two huskies in her pen and they killed her i was so upset so the owners son went out and got me two coco marran chicks and i then loved them and the one grew up to be a massive rooster who hated every body and everything and the hen we named her friend hen because we fed her worms and she would jump up on this peace of wood and we would always feed her then when i was in kindergarten we were always hatching duck eggs so i asked if i could bring eggs in so i did and 2 hatched and 1 died so i went to school and picked her up she was all black with a little white dot on her head and i named her cuttie and she loved me and would come up to me and follow me around and i would have her like a dog but she got arthritis in her legs at 7 years old so it was alright at the time and then she started to get really bad at 9 years old and last winter she died in our shop i tried to make sure she was ok when she died and she was i had had that chicken for 10 years and her mother had been killed by our dog 5 years ago and that was a very sad day to but both hens lived a long life and a good life to i also have another story about a little dutch bantam rooster i hatched when he hatched he was with all his siblings and he was brown with a gray head and he became friends with me at 4 weeks old and i named him Rusty we have always been friends he would jump on top of my shoulders and crow and he had a soon who looked like him and he did the same thing but this past summer he got really sick so sick he couldn't move so i had to put I'm out of his misery i felt so bad he was 7 years and his soon is now 4 years and still kicking but even thought I'm only 15 I've had many chicken stores and thats the two best stories i have about my birds and its funny cause i don't make them friends with me they just won't to be buddies from babies and its cute to have them follow you around when there first born there like an inch tall running across the floor i enjoy it so thats my story thanks

3. ChcknGrl

Dec 15, 2012
    Awww! I love your story!:)

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Hey, where is your story, ChcknGrl???

Here is my little story:

Nestor Little Roo lives in a barn coop with six hens and two bigger roosters. He likes to go out into the covered run to dust bathe when none of the other chickens are looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He likes to perch in the run and imagine that he is the head rooster.

[​IMG]

He flaps to impress the hens if they happen to join him outside.

[​IMG]

He crows with abandon as long as the real alpha rooster is not in the run.

[​IMG]

5. ChcknGrl

Dec 15, 2012
    He sounds like he would really like to be a head rooster! I'll post my story in a little while!
    Thanks for reminding me:)

6. chickenluver123

chickenluver123 New Egg

Dec 26, 2012
    That is a beautiful rooster!!! I'm having a lot of problems with the rooster in my coop. Yesterday I went to check on them and my leghorn was covered in blood from the neck up. How do I keep him from attacking the hens??? I'm really afraid that he might end up killing the little bantam in my coop.

7. rollkeeg877

rollkeeg877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    very nice rooster and maybe you should get a new rooster so its not killing your other birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by