1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Storm?? and their outside 5 weeks old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thehbcrew, Jun 9, 2011.

1. thehbcrew

thehbcrew Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2011
    Long Island
    So is it ok the chick don't want to go back in the coop even though we have this massive storm coming thru, its pouring i put one in and he came back out, they are all hanging out under the coop. Should i be worried?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    At that age, I think I would worry about they getting cold. They aren't fully feathered yet. If you put them in the coop, can you lock them in?

3. thehbcrew

Jun 9, 2011
    Long Island
    they finally went in but they stayed out during the major rain, they spent most of the time under the coop. Was worried about being wet and still young, they really dont seem fazed by it though. Couldnt believe i put one in the coop and she rain back out. They are all locked up now for the night. Only 45min earlier then usual.

4. thehbcrew

Jun 9, 2011
    Long Island
    also should i be putting feed and water insde the coop as well, or do they pretty much just sleep at night. All they seem to do is knock it all over and seems like its a waste

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by