1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stormstryder poultry in NC-salmon ameraucana-anyone have these?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dixie lover, Mar 15, 2008.

1. dixie lover

dixie lover Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Missouri
    I need to find some eggs or a breeder closer to me than NC (I'm in se MO) Also need someone who will send eggs when my broodies get started setting. Please let me know ANY info you may have on this breed. Thank you, Wanda

2. petlove

petlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Skiatook, OK
    Is Cackle Hatchery closer to you. It is in Lebanon, MO. I am driving from Tulsa to Cackle to pick up my chicks. It is only a 3 hr drive for me.

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I am on their list to have 6 blues and 8 salmon ameraucana eggs shipped on March 31st. I do know that Kate just hatched some for Kelly (both from byc). I think there might be a few more people on byc that are also on the waiting list. I could update you when I actually get my eggs and have them in the bator if you'd like.

4. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered eggs from stormstryder spring of 07 in the Salmon Ameraucana variety. They shipped the eggs to me packed very nicely! I was well pleased to have received my eggs in such wonderful condition. My Salmon birds are beautiful!!!! Mostly the birds are white...about 90%. Some have what I call a "biscuit" coloring to them and some have a good bit of reddish color (salmon reddish) You can see one of the hens is more red with a little white. I just love them. They lay very large eggs too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, Kate hatched a few and to my knowledge, StormStryder is the only place you can get the Salmon color right now. Thanks for the picture, Johnny!

6. dixie lover

dixie lover Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:That's probably right. They are working on the breeding, not yet accepted into the APA. They are the ONLY ones working on the breeding? I'm not interested in showing, just liked the looks of Lightning.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Dont these Salmon Amercuanas have feathered feet and light skinned feet?

Those pics are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

8. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Feathered legs..........NOPE, THEY HAVE NO FEATHERS ON LEGS. I think you are thinking of the Salmon Faverolle breed that do have the feathered legs.

Here is who I ordered from:
    http://www.stormstryderpoultry.com/amera.html

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sometimes the Favs pass the feather legs down to their chicks but not all of them ONLY if they were crossed with clean legged breeds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by