Stormy the great hunter!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by magikchick, Jun 17, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    My mini dacshund Stormy earned her keep today and took out a fierce mouse. It was an epic battle of wit and wills but in the end she was the victor.

Good dog!!

Marsha

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    go stormy.!!!!! [​IMG]

3. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    I think I have the lazies cat around [​IMG] I have literally seen him lay on the walk way watching a snake sunning it self! He was in no way, shape or form, in the mind set to go after it LOL. He spends most of his day curled up on the poarch. Oh well, atleast hes good around the chooks!

and GO STORMY!

Shannon

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I have the same problem, my cat will just watch a mouse run by. Thank goodness for my doxies they will take out a mouse, spyder, frog or anything else small and creepy.

They are great with my chickens however.

Marsha

5. Julie R

Julie R Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    We have a great protector here also - I cant have cats due to my allergies so we got a weenie dog instead. The house we moved into had been empty for about 2 years ( of people anyway ) a few months after moving in I found out who was living here a big huge rat about scaried me to death and wouldn't you know it hubby is at work when the thing runs across the kitchen to steal some dog food, but it was spotted by the weenie dog trapped under the microwave cart and then without notice she grabbed it and killed it,it was half her size !!! very good weenie dog,my hero. I might have to rent her out to other people as pest control.

Julie R

6. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Yay Stormy!!! I have a big ole lazy cat that will catch a mouse and then he tries to get it to nurse on him. Something wrong with that cat! Then I have this calico female that will catch the mice and eat them in the BATHTUB! Yuk!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by