Story about Little Mouse and his Big Mistake... lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4H kids and mom, Apr 30, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Once there was a Little Mouse. Little Mouse lived in a corn field near the humans house. He knew to stay far away from the humans house because the cats would chase him. He forgot though that the humans now had chicks living in the garage (coop) and he decided to poke in for a bit to warm up. "Oh, nice" he thought "They even left the light on, and warm straw covering the floor! I might decide to stay here!"

Well, Little Mouse forgot all about the chicks, and settled down right in the middle of the coop under the warm light. Soon, several chicks stood over him eyeing him and clucking. "Gulp" he thought. The next thing Little Mouse knew, he was knabbed by his tail and flying through the air, his tail in the beak of one eager eyed chick. The chick peeps happily carrying around its prize, which draws even more attention to Little Mouse. Many chicks give chase all in an attempt to capture the treasured treat. Now two chicks are fighting over him, and soon he feels no pain as each little happy chick gets a piece of Little Mouse to run away with.

The End
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO...sorry had to think of a funny way to tell you what happened today when a mouse got into the coop! Yes, you read right. Two of them litterally tore the mouse in half. lol Sorry, Im not much of a rodent person so I found it somewhat interesting. I love my daughters hamham (hamster for those who dont 'get' Hamtaro! lol) but other rodents can go the way of the Dodo in my book! lol

I didnt have the camera, but dont think it would have been appropriate to post pics of the adventure anyway. [​IMG] But, its good to know the chickens are earnin their keep already! lol [​IMG] One less mousey in my housey! [​IMG]

2. Chicken_Addict

Chicken_Addict Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Kellyville Oklahoma
    funny funny funny:) wonder if chicks can get sick from eating mice?? would be neat to see them fight over him and see if they could catch him lmfao hmmmm................

3. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I would think they could only get sick from the mouse if the mouse was sick, or if it had eaten poison or something. Least I hope thats the case. We are surrounded by corn field, so mice are everywhere in the summer, and they are bound to eat them. [​IMG]

We dont put out poison, and there are no neighbors to speak of, so I think they should be fine. [​IMG]

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I am LMAO right now, even hubby is laughing! ha ha ha ha ha! love the way you worte the story, such a great mental image you gave me![​IMG][​IMG]

5. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    It was sorta funny to watch (until the end..that was kinda gross) them chase the mouse, toss it into the air, whip it around by its tail, and run here and there peeping their heads off! [​IMG] I thought for sure he'd get away. Guess I under estimate the chickies now. They are babies no more.... [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    What a great post!-4H mom. Loved it. We live in the middle of 82 acres and the mice seem to think this is their restaurant! We have three cats who just like to sit in the middle of the field and hunt mice. Heaven forbid they hunt in the house where we need them! [​IMG] Maybe I should turn my chicks loose in the house at night. I HATE MICE IN THE HOUSE.

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

We have a rat in our attic ((we need a throwing up smilie)). Do you think ChickenDuck and his women can come over and take care of it? [​IMG]

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:GREAT IDEA, CARRIE She can hire them out and call them the ...Mouse Busters! [​IMG]

9. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    How old were your chicks? I am thinking of turning my 5week olds loose in the coop this week even with mr. Rat. These chicks have some size on them, especially the Marans cockerals. Think this would be ok? [​IMG]

10. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    CarriBrown wrote:
    We have a rat in our attic ((we need a throwing up smilie)). Do you think ChickenDuck and his women can come over and take care of it?

GREAT IDEA, CARRIE She can hire them out and call them the ...Mouse Busters!

Lol! Ok, but ChickenDuck carries a hefty fee! lol [​IMG]

Man, y'all shoulda seen it! They were on that mouse like white on rice within 10 SECONDS of it entering the coop! No joke! They surrounded him! Poor thing! Had nowhere to go but in someones belly! lol [​IMG]

I knew they were good with bugs, and creepy crawlies, but I had no idea what they'd do with a mouse. I'm glad they got it though, it would of grossed me out to no end to walk around in there, and God forbid the thing ran across my toe or something I'd have a freakin nervous breakdown right there in the coop! lol [​IMG]

SunChick, as long as its warm enough now by you, they will be fine to turn out at 5 weeks. I put mine in their coop at 4 weeks, and they've done swimingly! [​IMG] I also have the new babies outside in the seperate pen, with their heat lamps on, and they did great last night! Yay! I can finally clean out the "chicken room" lol [​IMG]

Here's the thread with links to the new babies new digs, if anyone wants to take a peek. [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=35013#p35013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by