Story about me and my birds and their eggs

92caddy

Egg Lover
12 Years
May 18, 2007
Portland, IN
I got a call the other day from my local paper wanting to do a stroy on me, my birds and their eggs. The lady is coming tomorrow at 1130 am. God Im a mess worring what to say, how to say it, how to bring up the clubs I belong to and so. She told me on the phone today that she wants to take some pics. I said thats cool. Its been raining all day here and suppose too tomorrow also, its going to be mess outside. God wish me luck tomorow. I'll let you all know how is goes...............Thanks.........

The Commercial News in Danville Il. did a story on my chickens a few years ago... It was kind of fun answering their questions...What type of chicken is that? how do you spell it? The hardest ? to answer was why do you have chickens? Had to think about that one...
Be prepared to get lots of calls and want to be visitors to your farm..
And if they trade stories with other newspapers in different states you will get lots of e-mails too.
Have fun with it. Remember people's vision of a real "farm" is not neat and proper but animals and old buildings and kind of primitive looking.... I did not disappoint..
lol.png

edited to say be sure to dress the part... I wore bibs and a hat... yes I am a woman so I wore stylish Lands End bibs!

Last edited:
The lady came yesterday at 1130 and was here til 145. I had to get ready for work, or she would have stayed longer. We talked and talked, she asked alot of questions and took some pics. I told her all about BYC, Im hoping so puts something of BYC in the story. When I find out when it will be out and the link to it, I will post it here for you all to read..............

Back
Top Bottom