Story about me and my birds and their eggs

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 92caddy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I got a call the other day from my local paper wanting to do a stroy on me, my birds and their eggs. The lady is coming tomorrow at 1130 am. God Im a mess worring what to say, how to say it, how to bring up the clubs I belong to and so. She told me on the phone today that she wants to take some pics. I said thats cool. Its been raining all day here and suppose too tomorrow also, its going to be mess outside. God wish me luck tomorow. I'll let you all know how is goes...............Thanks.........

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You could always type up some questions and answers about raising chickens to give to her.

3. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    The Commercial News in Danville Il. did a story on my chickens a few years ago... It was kind of fun answering their questions...What type of chicken is that? how do you spell it? The hardest ? to answer was why do you have chickens? Had to think about that one...
    Be prepared to get lots of calls and want to be visitors to your farm..
    And if they trade stories with other newspapers in different states you will get lots of e-mails too.
    Have fun with it. Remember people's vision of a real "farm" is not neat and proper but animals and old buildings and kind of primitive looking.... I did not disappoint..[​IMG]

edited to say be sure to dress the part... I wore bibs and a hat... yes I am a woman so I wore stylish Lands End bibs!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Congratulations! Relax and have fun. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Make sure you mention BYC....... [​IMG]

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    The lady came yesterday at 1130 and was here til 145. I had to get ready for work, or she would have stayed longer. We talked and talked, she asked alot of questions and took some pics. I told her all about BYC, Im hoping so puts something of BYC in the story. When I find out when it will be out and the link to it, I will post it here for you all to read..............

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrats, Ed! [​IMG]

Can't wait to read the article!!! [​IMG]

Dawn

8. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Thats great..

looking foward to reading the article.

9. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] Way to go, Ed! Next time I see you, I'll want your autograph! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. applefalls

applefalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Cockeysville, MD
    You're famous now!!!
    Way to go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by