Story Away!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Chickensfan, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    this new thread is for people with stories and images of/about their chickens.
    please, if you are to join "Story Away" don't fight/argue. everyone has their own opinions.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. bunsnpupsnchick

bunsnpupsnchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2016
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Thought I'd come on over & maybe give you a grin....

I came home from my PT appointment this evening & looked out my backdoor to give a quick check on the chicks. Everything's looking good, but then I see Silver Nickel 1 of my oegb roos playing with a small dog toy! He's not only pecking at it, but he also picked it up & flipped it around a bit. I tried to get a pick of that, but failed. Best I got was him stepping on it like he won the great battle & posing as if he's saying "what?". I should've tried video, but didn't think of that at all. Thought it was cute as the toy is about half his size. Pics are fuzzy as I had to use the max zoon on my cell & the camera on it stinks. Hopefully enough for a bit of a grin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    lol. i just took hattie in to the vet.
    the vet appointment went fine. Hats is just getting a little bullied. the vet suggested Bluecoat for that. the vet also seems to think she is a he....but i don't care what gender Hats is, i am keeping him/her forever. i have decided to call him Hats instead of Hattie. lol wow, i am so glad Hats is ok!

4. SuperChickRuth

SuperChickRuth Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    Hi, [​IMG]can I join?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  5. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    of course! anyone can join!

6. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    and by the way...if either of you have any simple craft ideas, please tell me on my thread "Arts And Crafts Ideas" or whatever it is called.

7. SuperChickRuth

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure about that before I shoot my mouth off.

This isn't much of a story, but last night, we noticed that one of our pullets- Shobana, was missing.
    We had sectioned off a part of our chicken run for the "babies" -the now pullets- and last night forgot to let them out to go into the coop. We guessed that Shobana got panicked that she couldn't get into the coop, flew over the fence, and found a place to spend the night. (Without her big sisters picking on her.) Anyway, that made us get panicked, and so we searched our entire property, calling, and stamping around. (By the way, we have two acres) I even stayed up till 11:30 searching for her! Couldn't find her. Then this morning, (at 7:00) I went down to the chicken coop to let the girls out, and saw Shobana walking around outside. Talk about relief! (And being tired!)[​IMG]

8. bunsnpupsnchick

bunsnpupsnchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2016
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Hi. So glad you found her! Smart little girl you have. I like the name too. You should take a nice nap today after all that.

9. Chickensfan

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    wow! what a scary experience!

10. SuperChickRuth

Feb 11, 2016
    I know, right? We already had one chicken disappear, and days later found a pile of feathers at the bottom of our property-and that made us really concerned about Shobana!

Anyone have any happy stories? I'm already starting to get worried that another one will disappear!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by