Story game

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by earlybird10842, Dec 9, 2012.

Will you participate in this?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2013.
  1. Yes, a lot.

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Maybe.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Probably not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no chance

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. On this thread, we play a game where each of us adds on to the story everyone else has written. for example:
    Person 1: the chicken jumped off the roost and ate food.
    Person 2: the other chicken pecked her.
    Person 3: she pecked the other chicken back.
    Rules:
    Keep it PG at the very most.
    Keep it somewhat realistic--although in the story chickens can talk amongst each other, they do not live in a fantasy world, so they do not use magic, talk to humans, ect.
    you can use whatever charecters you like at any time. PM me with requests for new ones.
    Charecters:
    Lander-- a RIR rooster, Lander rarely talks. He is at the head of the pecking order
    Olive--an easter egger who is named after the color of eggs she lays. She is boisterious and friendly. 5th in pecking order
    Pinky--Olive's twin sister, who looks just like Olive but who is much quieter. 6th in Pecking order
    Sugarplum: A sweet silkie who is just a little bit of a showoff. 7th in pecking order.
    Nightsky: a black australorp who is the head hen. Bossy but sweet in her own way. 2nd in pecking order
    Elanora: a suusex who is at the bottom of the pecking order. Sort of a nerd.8th in order
    Mango: an athletic new hampshire red . 3rd in pecking order.
    Peach: Mango's motherly, Broody twin sister. fourth in pecking order.
    I'll start:
    The coop was noisy that morning. Pinky and Olive were aruguing over their breakfast, Nightsky was aurguing with Peach, who had gone broody in Nightsky's favorite nestbox, and Mango was having a pleasent conversation with Sugarplum--pleasent but loud. Elanora slipped out of the coop into the quiet run, shivering in the cool air. She had always felt out of place in the coop. She was the youngest, the smallest chicken there. She hadn't even reached laying age. She had been a mail order chick that had gotten lost in the mail and delivered to 45th avenue in Hearton, Colorado, instead of Hearton, Connecticut. She was the only one that had survived. The people who had ordered her said not to bother trying to send her back, they would just order more chicks. So her recipents gave her to a friend who kept chickens. Elanora had liked it there, but it seemed like every other hen there already had a good friend or sister. "ELANORRRAAAA" called Olive from the interior of the coop, "COME HELP US LOOK FOR THE OYSTER SHELL! MANGO HID IT AGAIN!"Elanora sighed and went back inside

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Elanora hated it when the others fought. The oyster shell located, Sugarplum approached Olive. "Ollie, dear, could you pass me some corn?" Olive, who was talking to Lander, looked up. "Make Pinky do it!" Poor Pinky sighed, for she new her place, and went to get the corn. Meanwhile, Nightsky was attempting conversation with Landed. She was complaining about sharing the nestbox with her inferiors. But, as usual Lander was answering with single words.

3. Nightsky gave Peach her dominent hen stare, but it was to no avail. Peach was nothing if not persistent, and no head hen was going to keep her from going broody. Neither was their owner, whom among the chickens was known as "TallLady". Sure, she had been broken before, but that was a half-hearted brood. She had never felt this determined in any preivious brood. Those eggs were going to hatch!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mango was mad at Peach, and no amount of sisterly love was about to change that. Go all mega broody all of a sudden? Fine. Disrespect Nightsky? Great. But snub Mango herself, that was the last straw. They had been raised together! They were best friends, and now Peach was ruining it all! She was going to get Tall Lady and make her break Peach. She would never brood again! Then, maybe, just maybe, they could go back to being sisters.

5. Peach had utterly no idea of why Mango was upset at her all the sudden. During preivious broods, she had been scornful, but at least tolerant. But now--what was wrong? Sure, Peach was hissing at anyone who looked at the nestboxes, but that was normal broody behavior.

6. Ghostbelly

Ghostbelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    peach had utterly no idea why everyone seemed to be mad at her, and a batch of chicks would be wonderful to have around but then she thought, of course they must be jealous! from then on out she would decide to encourage the other hens to have chicks too!

7. bigbangrooster

bigbangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Peach was getting her plan ready when.......

8. Ghostbelly

Nov 20, 2012
    when talllady came in and gave them some treats.

9. " Hey, Mango!" Peach called to her sister. " What is it, Moody Broody?" Replied Mango. "Wouldn't it be great if we both incubated and raised chicks?" Peach said. Mango frowned. "you're not suggesting I go broody?" "I am" said Peach. Mango glared back at her broody sister and said "I really have no idea why you keep going broody, or why you want me to either. To tell you the truth, I can't wait until TallLady breaks you, and you stop being so annoying!" and with that, Mango strutted out of the coop.

10. Ghostbelly

Nov 20, 2012
    peach was heart broken, chicks would be wonderful especially two batches! well she guessed she could try encouraging everyone else but mango had ruined it for her now she was even more growly when someone came near.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by