story of my crippled duck named super man

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jj ranch, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    this little guy was born 3 days ago, i told my husband that we would have to cull him because his legs look like they were put on backwards and stick staight out. he cannot walk. but as the days have passed, his desire to live changed my mind. [​IMG] our family has decided to keep him or her!! [​IMG] boys named him superman. so sweet and now very tame. we hold him by the water and food and he eats and drinks happily. so now we have a pet. our lap duck!! it is amazing to see him get stronger, even though he cant walk, he turns with the beak. cries when he wants fed. tooo cute! just wanted to share, i will keep updates on him.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    AAWWWW!!!! That is the sweetest story!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And the name Superman fits him perfectly! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good luck! I'm so glad you decided to give him a loving home and family, even though he can't walk like all the others. [​IMG]

3. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    he is for sure spoiled. we carry him around and he gets held all the time. he seems to know that he needs us to function. otherwise he or she is healthy and gaining weight. [​IMG]b

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by