~Story~ The Big Escape CHAPTER 22

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Chapter 1.

I open my eyes. Total darkness.

"H-hello?" I try and talk, but only tiny peeps come out.
    All of a sudden I hear loud screaching noises and other different colored chicks and their mothers go running.
    " Sophie!! Sophie! Come on baby!" My mother!" Baby, come on we need to go now! Daddy just spotted a huge hawk!"
    "Wait, mommy! I'm so confused!" The hawk screached again.
    "We need to go!" I hopped onto my momma's back and she ran as fast as she could toward the coop. Even though it seemed slow, I was barely hanging on. Most of the other chickens were already inside encouraging babies, or friends to hurry.

The hawk was moving in fast, but not catching anyone. The Queen of the coop just barely made it, but I didn't see my Daddy anywhere!
    My mommy stumbled, and we both fell hard onto some rocks.
    "Mommy! Are you alright?"
    "Oh, little Soph, I wish I could say so. But you need to go to the coop... I just stepped on something really sharp dear, and I'm afraid I cannot run anymore."
    Oh no! I wouldn't let my Mommy stay there alone! But as I was just about to say something, my Daddy came and put me on his back. Luckily we were only about 50 feet from the coop, and Daddy was a big, tough Barred Rock with massive legs which could run fast.
    "Daddy what about Mommy?"
    "I went to go tell Nugget to guard her while I take you inside little Sophie."
    A tear dripped down my soft fluff. What if Mommy didn't make it? What if Nugget forgot? What if-
    I was set down next to the other chicks which were all huddling by their mothers and I started to cheep.

'Brrr...' I thought. I was cold, even though it was about 80 degrees outside. So I decided to huddle in with a black and gold chick.
    "Um, hi. I'm Sophie"
    "Yo! I'm Willow! Nice to meet 'cha!"
    "Any idea what's going on?"
    "Nope."
    So much for that...

We huddled close, and I forgot about everything that was happening. I think I just found a new friend!
    In just about a minute later, I fell asleep. But I was soonly awakened by what sounded like a loud shreak...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Chicken Angel <3

Chicken Angel <3 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2011
    cool! i enjoyed it.
    will chapter 2 be soon?

3. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Thank you!
    Well, if more people want Chapter 2, I guess I'll make it! [​IMG]

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    [​IMG]

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    [​IMG]

6. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG]!
    I'll make another chapter soon

8. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Chapter 2

I was horrified by the intense loud shriek. I thought to myself, what if it was Mommy? I was extremely worried as I saw the hawk carrying a big object. Suddenly Nugget appeared through the door looking mournful, and he carried a large, deep, morbid wound that looked extremely painful. Since it was broad daylight, so everyone could see it well.
    "I don't thi- I don't think I'm going to make it guys... Sophie... I tried all I could I just couldn't..." Nugget went limp and everyone gasped.
    Nugget was taken inside where the humans tried fixing him and trying to make him better.

I started to cry and feel overwelmed with depression.
    Willow hugged me and all the hens,chicks,pullets, and roosters had a silent moment.

The next day I just stayed with my Daddy. And it was pretty hard, since he was 'single' (or whatever that means) and all the hens were trying to flirt with him, especially Jewels, the nasty Black Austrolorp.
    My Mommy was buried with flowers, stones, and a shrine us chickens made out of dirt, and seeds. I could visit her whenever I wanted.
    Same with Nugget, the slashes were to deep and sivere for them to handle. Now Daddy was the head rooster, and the only one.
    By Nuggets grave, we all put berries and leaves on it.
    Fourtunatly, the hawk only took two lives, but my Daddy had a feeling it would be back... and soon.

9. Chicken Angel <3

Chicken Angel <3 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2011
    yes!
    ;D
    yes. a new chapter!
    *reads* MORE!!

poor sophie, and nugget. dumb hawk [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. nathen78906

nathen78906 New Egg

Aug 9, 2011
    Cool! I Want More!