Story the local news did on the EZ Egg Cracker...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greeneggsnham, May 26, 2010.

1. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    Our local news does a segment called Does it Work Wednesdays and this week they did something called the EZ Cracker for eggs. It claims to be able to crack an egg perfectly every time without getting shells in the food. It also says it can seperate out the yolk from the white at the same time. I could see using this if you have lots of eggs to crack or if you want the kids to be able to help out. Here is the link to the video and story (the video link is right next to the story). It got an A rating from them and I was amazed at how well it worked.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12538881

2. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have seen that on TV and I laughed at it every time until one day i saw a industrial egg cracking machine on "How it's made" that was pretty much the same thing. It was while I was watching that show that I began to suspect the egg cracker might work.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have a hard time believing that someone can't crack an egg on the side of the counter without all that trouble, sheesh. And I do not believe it works for a boiled egg--did you notice the commercial cuts away at the exact moment, then shows the egg falling into a bowl? No way it would work on a boiled egg!

4. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I'd like to see it work with some of my banty eggs. My OEG lays eggs with a really tough membrane. It can be a real pain to crack those.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I with you on that one. I for one, will not be spending $20 to crack eggs. And I like kitchen gadgets!! But that is just stupid.

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I was interested in the egg scrambler tool... it could be used to keep shells intact for crafts...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by